Bundt cakes are delicious in every piece. However, what if you can’t taste all the pieces of your cake? Can you freeze Nothing Bundt cakes?
The short answer is yes. You may freeze the Bundt cake for the next consumption, according to the cake makers. Freezing the cake avoids food waste. If you freeze your cake correctly, you can store it for up to a week.
This article will discuss some tips for freezing and defrosting Bundt cake.
Let’s read on to discover!
Freezing a Bundt cake is a straightforward process with three steps.
Before putting the cake in the freezer, you have to wrap it. The method for this step varies depending on how you want: as a whole or in pieces.
For a whole cake
If you are preparing for a party or you believe that you can eat a whole cake next time, follow the steps below:
- Start by cutting a big piece of plastic wrap and place it on the counter.
- Then, place your Bundt cake in the center of the wrap and pull the edges up and around it.
- Fold the wrap tightly against the edges and down into the middle of your cake.
- You may also need to wrap the cake with an additional piece of wrap to cover it thoroughly. The objective is to enclose the cake, leaving no holes for moisture or air to enter.
- Wrap a huge sheet of aluminum foil around your cake gently.
- Press it flat on the cake and slowly lower it into the hole.
- Use an extra piece of foil if necessary to completely cover your cake. As cakes might catch odors from the freezer, it’s critical to wrap them carefully.
Some people would like to eat only a piece of cake at a time. If you prefer this way, check these instructions out:
- Cut your cake into separate pieces.
- Wrap each slice in plastic wrap before covering it with aluminum foil. This wrapping step is similar to that with the whole cake.
After wrapping the cake, you should prepare for its spot in the freezer. Make sure that it can sit on a flat area.
Now, put the cake you have wrapped in the freezer. Remember to mark the storage data on the foil. This note lets you know how long you have kept your cake in the freezer.
If your party is coming, you should prepare one day beforehand.
Take your cake out and put it in the refrigerator to defrost overnight. This method will prevent it from getting too hot so fast, thus changing the consistency of your cake.
Don’t try to unwrap and put the cake in the oven or microwave. If you attempt to warm your cake up too quickly, the heat may cause more condensation, turning the cake into mush.
To keep this cake frozen, refrigerate it for about 15 minutes. This time frame allows the frost to harden gradually.
Then wrap the cake in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer.
If you would like to serve it, take it out of the freezer, leave it on the buffet for about 30 minutes. After that, enjoy your cake.
After freezing and defrosting, the texture of your cake may change a little bit. To maintain the moistness of your cake, you can try some steps as follows:
- Create a quick syrup in the flavor of your choice.
- Lay your cake on a cooling rack after it has cooled down for roughly 15 minutes. Then, under the rack, lay a big baking sheet to catch any extra icing drips.
- Spread the syrup along the outside of your cake and enjoy.
The Bottom Line
You can freeze the Bundt cake for one week max. The most important thing to bear in mind is to wrap the cake carefully. The wrapping layer ensures that no moisture or air can enter and spoil your cake.
If you need any further information about this topic, please feel free to ask.