Have you ever brought a Papa Murphy’s pizza home, then decided to make it later? It will be best when baking the fresh pizza. But, can you freeze Papa Murphy’s pizza before baking?
Yes, you can. To freeze Papa Murphy’s Stuffed Pizza or any take-out styles, wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or foil.
Then place the slices in freezer bags before storing them in the freezer. You can leave the finished pizza in the refrigerator for three to four days.
In cases where it is necessary to store it for a longer time, you should release it from the packaging and adhere to the rules listed below.
Can You Freeze Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
You can refrigerate a Papa Murphy’s Pizza within an hour after purchase. Because the dough is raw, keeping it at room temperature for too long can ruin it. You can keep your pizza in the fridge for several days if you follow the instructions below!
Store Raw Pizza In The Refrigerator
If you bring pizza home and decide to wait until the next day to bake it, you need to put it in the refrigerator. So it will remain fresh until morning from evening.
You can place it in the refrigerator directly in a cardboard package. But, it will be better when wrapping each piece in several layers of paper napkins or towels.
You can store it in several ways as below:
- You pack each piece in cling film, foil, and parchment. Then, put packed pieces into a container and tightly close it with a lid.
- Lay the pizza slices into a container in layers. For this, place paper towels on the bottom of the container.
Then lay the slices of pizza in one layer, and cover them with the same paper towels. Thus, alternating layers fill the entire container, which is then tightly closed.
- Wrap each piece separately in a paper or plastic bag before putting them in the fridge.
Can You Keep Leftovers?
It is more convenient to store the pizza after cooking and reheat it. Make sure to pack your pizza tightly; otherwise, foreign odors will “pull” it.
It is necessary to wrap the slices in portions in cling film. Then place the slices in freezer bags before storing them in the freezer. You can leave the cooked pizza in the refrigerator for three to four days.
When you’re ready to feast on the leftovers, remove them from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator overnight to defrost. Then choose your favorite heating method to reheat Papa Murphy’s Stuffed Pizza.
How Long Will The Pizzas Stay In The Refrigerator?
If you chill your pizza below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, you can keep it in safety for up to four days – said the USDA. Moreover, the shelf life depends on the filling.
- Pizza with meat, cheese, and sausages can last two days in the fridge at temperatures below 5 degrees.
- Fish and seafood on the pizza can be fresh for no longer than 8 hours at a temperature of 7 degrees.
How Do I Cook A Frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
Let it thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours and sit at room temperature for an hour before baking it to allow the crust to rise. If the pizza is cold in the refrigerator, let it sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before baking.
Bake Frozen Raw Pizzas
Cooking frozen pizza requires a few rules. Depending on the equipment you have in your kitchen and the toppings on the pizza, the baking temperature can vary.
In The Microwave
You can heat such a dish at home in a microwave or oven. It will take several minutes to prepare the treat.
You need to defrost the pizza for 8 minutes. Then place the semi-finished product in the microwave, turn on the timer for 5-7 minutes in the “Defrost” mode.
You can also pre-defrost the pizza in the refrigerator, not at room temperature. Then send it to cook in the microwave oven for 3-4 minutes at 800 watts.
There is no need to remove the plastic wrap before preparing and baking pizza. It helps to keep the product juicy.
In The Air Fryer
Try heating frozen pizza with an air fryer. That is a great way to preserve all the aromas and flavors of the dish. A huge advantage of this device is the speed of all processes.
How to properly defrost pizza in an air fryer:
- Please place it in a special container or glass container. To do this, you can also use the grill, which is often included with the device.
- Set the time required for warming up on the device. Usually, you can find this indicator on the packaging.
- As soon as the timer reminds you of the end of cooking, you have to turn off the device and put the pizza on the plates.
In A Multicooker
You can also heat frozen pizza using a multicooker. This method requires some skills, but in general, it is not difficult to do.
The main condition is that the workpiece diameter must be smaller or the same as the diameter of the bowl; otherwise, the pizza will deform. It is better to use models with a retractable heating element for these purposes.
Follow further actions step by step:
- Line the tray with baking paper or parchment.
- Set the “Baking” or “Fry” mode, set the timer for 5-10 minutes.
- After this time, gently lift the edges of the paper and remove the cake.
Reheat Frozen Cooked Pizza
To warm up the cooked pizza, we recommend using the following methods:
- Put the pieces on a plate in one layer, wrap in a plastic bag, and microwave at 500 W for 1 minute;
- In the oven, you can also make it tasty in 1 minute under a special lid;
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. To make the pizza with a crust, cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Similarly, you can make the finished pizza warm by heating it under the lid in a frying pan, over low heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Warm-up time 7-10 minutes.
To grill pizza without setting fire to the bottom, preheat the grill using the 2-zone system. But don’t make the hot side too hot; keep it medium.
Then, place the pizza on a wire rack directly over the fire, close the lid. And start checking the bottom every minute or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Remember that the dough will become “rubbery” when it cools down after heating, so you need to eat the dish right away.
All in all, to freeze Papa Murphy’s pizza, wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or foil. Then place the slices in freezer bags before storing them in the freezer. You can leave the finished pizza in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for other food topics on our site!