One of the most effective ways to make your pizzas more delicious is to use them with sauces. So, can you use Marinara sauce for pizza?
The answer is Yes. In fact, many traditional Italian Pizza recipes use this sauce instead of the usual ketchup. Yet, you may need to make slight adjustments to this mix, for example, if your combination has more garlic or is thin.
You will need more than this to use this mix for your food. So, keep reading and learn more about how to make it perfect!
Why Should I Use It for Pizza?
There are many good reasons to use the Marinara mix for pizza, such as:
- This mix is thicker than the traditional pizza sauce.
- It provides you with a strong garlicky taste.
- This mix is made from cooked tomatoes, which adds flavor.
Pizza sauce and Marinara mix have the same essential ingredients. As a result, you can spread this mix on your pizza to get the perfect base. It will create a denser, richer flavor that will create the best Pizza-eating experience for you.
However, it is not creat for pizza. The fact of the matter is that it’s used as a pasta sauce. The reason is that there are some differences between the two sauces. We will cover it in the next section.
Difference Between Marinara Sauce and Pizza Sauce
Marinara mix can be used as pizza sauce because they have the same essential ingredients. However, there is a significant difference in taste and texture between the two. So, these are the main dissimilarities:
|Aspects||Pizza Sauce||Marinara Sauce|
|Recommended Ingredients||Tomatoes, oregano, minced garlic, basil, olive oil, onion paste, black pepper, salt, sugar.||Tomatoes, oregano, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, spiced herbs, olive oil, pepper, black pepper, tomato paste, sugar, and salt.|
|Texture||Slightly weaker flavor||Robust flavor|
The table above shows that the Marinara recipe requires fewer ingredients, making it easier to make than the other option. Primarily, you can also turn it into Pizza sauce.
How To Make It?
Everyone will have their recipe for making this mix. However, if you are inexperienced, refer to our recipe.
1. Required ingredients
- Fresh oregano
- Olive oil
- Red chili flakes
- Minced garlic
- San Marzano tomatoes
- Baking soda
- Dry oregano
- Sugar, salt, and black pepper
2. Step By Step Guide
- Start by chopping oregano leaves.
- Put two anchovies in a pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add fresh oregano leaves and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the dried oregano leaves and the red pepper, depending on how spicy you want it to be.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and mash them by hand.
- Put the crushed tomatoes in the pan. Then increase the heat a little and stir for a few minutes.
- Add to your mixture a pinch of sugar, salt, and black pepper. Reduce heat, frequently stirring for 30 to 40 minutes.
- For the last step, add baking soda to neutralize the acid.
And there you have it! All ready for a perfect pizza party! Buy some Pizzas from the best brands, like Johnny’s Pizza.