If pasta tastes are too bland or you are looking for a dipping sauce to make your meal more delicious, the main hello fresh cream sauce base recipe is a perfect choice. However, making this sauce is not necessarily easy for homemakers.
So, in today’s article, we will introduce the Hello Fresh cream sauce base recipe and how to make this dish.
Can I make the hello fresh cream sauce at home?
The answer is yes. Although making the sauce at home can be challenging, you’ll be sure to make it when you read our tutorial.
What is Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base?
The cream sauce base is almost identical to the traditional béchamel or white sauce. The ingredients that make up the sauce include flour, butter, and milk. When eating, you will feel the fatty taste of the above ingredients.
With such a sauce, you can use it in almost any dish such as salmon, or vegetable salad. Because cream sauce contains many fatty ingredients, if you are a dieter, you need to be more careful.
In 250g sauce includes:
- Calories: 356
- Total fat: 27
- Total carbohydrates: 21 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
- Potassium: 300 mg
Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base Recipe
To make the divine cream sauce, you need to prepare 5 ingredients of flour, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. About the amount for 1x, we prepare
- A quarter of margarine
- A glass of fresh milk
- A quarter cup of flour
You must double the abovementioned ingredients to make more for a large crowd. Salt and pepper, you taste according to your taste and test the like when it is almost cooked to timely adjust.
Steps to follow
- Heat the pan
- Put the margarine in and melt
- It will take you 1 minute to stir the fine flour
- Use an electric mixer to whip the prepared milk.
- Pour milk into the original mixture
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 2 minutes, almost done.
- In the last step, season to your taste and bring the sauce to a boil, then turn off the heat.
Although reading the steps is quite cumbersome, it is not as complicated as you think. The time and process of cooking cream sauce are short and much easier to make than sauce all American.
If you’ve ever made a successful all-in-one sauce, we’re sure you’ll have a spectacular creamy sauce.
Tips and tricks
- Stir the mixture constantly so it doesn’t stick to the pan and clump.
- The cream is a suitable ingredient for soups and pasta
- If you are looking for the white sauce version, instead of water you will use chicken broth or boiled vegetables.
- For those who like spicy food: add paprika or cayenne pepper depending on your level of spiciness.
- The longer the cooking time, the thicker the water in the pan.
- Horseradish and mustard enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- If you like it to be fat, add shredded Parmesan cheese and drizzle on top of the sauce
- When it is too thick or is about to stick to the pan, you will put out the fire by adding milk.
Can I use other ingredients?
If you don’t want to use milk for your dish, you can replace it with coconut or almond milk. Therefore, there is no obligation to follow the ingredients we recommend. Depending on your conditions and preferences, you will have the flexibility to change as you like. But it also means that the taste will be slightly different from its original taste.
Can I Make other hello fresh sauces?
Making other hello fresh sauces is possible. You can try it with chicken, pork or fish.
Where do you buy cream sauce base?
In any supermarket or convenience store, cream sauce base will be sold, but it is high in sodium and other additives. Therefore, we recommend you do it yourself at home; it is often safer than buying from outside.
Reheat Hello Fresh Cream Sauce
Before entering the reheating phase, you must defrost the sauce first.
If it is in the freezer for a long time, put it out for a few hours or a night to defrost faster and safer than outside. Then, add a little water to the mixture and heat it on low heat until the foam is complete.
It may look broken when you take it out of the fridge, but don’t worry; the mixture will be the same when you’re done heating it up.
Other Dishes That Come With Sauces
The cream sauce base is very diverse for dishes, and you can serve it with
- Grilled Chicken dishes: marinate chicken with teriyaki sauce before grilling and use the cream sauce as a dipping sauce.
- Grilled ribs: Hello fresh cream sauce base as a dipping sauce for slow cook ribs is also a good choice.
- Boiled or mashed potatoes dipped in cream sauce are nothing better.
- Mixed salad served with sauce
- Bread or toast is also an alternative to traditional bread.
How To Store And Freeze Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base?
The sauce keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and up to 6 months when you store it in the freezer, which is for storing dipping sauces properly.
If you buy from outside, check the shelf life and ingredients carefully for better storage.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Thaw before use. One thing to note is that do not refreeze defrosted sauce.
- Reheat it when eating.
- Do not store at room temperature.
- The sauce thickens quickly when placed in the refrigerator. So if you need long-term storage in the fridge, add more milk than specified.
How To Make Sauce More Flavorful?
Compared to sauces used for all, the way to use cream sauces is just as varied. No matter what dishes you eat, they bring new experiences but still ensure the deliciousness of the food.
Those afraid of fat may be worried when dipping cream sauce, but making it at home and reducing the amount of dairy will not significantly affect weight.
For more flavor,
- add a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion mix in batter
- Use brown butter instead of regular butter
- Thyme, basil, or marjoram aroma and color for the sauce.
- Substitute heavy cream for milk
- Refresh with cornstarch or rice flour
- Use less pungent garlic powder than cloves
With just a few essential ingredients, simple steps, and a short time, you’ve created a sauce that helps. Why not try it if it becomes more delicious and attractive? With the information from the article, we hope you better understand hello fresh cream sauce base Recipe and delicious sauce recipes.
It not only serves one dish but almost any dish can be used, saving money and time compared to other types. I hope the knowledge we provide today helps your daily life.
If you have any questions, leave a comment below. We will try to solve it in the shortest time.
Thank you for reading