It is impossible for those who regularly exercise not to know about Gatorade beverages. This type of water provides many minerals and vitamins that help to rehydrate and electrolytes very well, contributing to increased strength for exercisers.
In theory, this beverage has an extremely long shelf life, but we cannot create favorable conditions for the best preservation of this water.
So, how long can the Gatorade sit out, actually? The following article will help you answer that question.
What is Gatorade?
Gatorade is an indispensable sports drink in every match. It is suitable for athletes who exercise with high intensity and frequency of regular exercise every day. This type of water contains the main ingredient, minerals that help your body reduce stress and fatigue after strenuous exercise.
In addition to minerals, Gatorade also contains 2 types of metal ions: potassium and sodium. Thanks to that, your body will not lose too much water during labor and exercise. It helps to create a massive source of energy to help you forget about fatigue to continue your training.
Currently, not only Gatorade, many users often use other beverages, including coconut (Why Is Coconut Water Pink) and orange juice. Indeed, these drinks will help you effectively quench your thirst instantly. However, if the period of exercise and continuous work is 2-3 hours, using these waters is not as effective as Gatorade.
That’s why Gatorade is one of the best sports and fitness compensating drinks you can choose from. The elderly and children can use this mineral water, and it will not affect any user’s health problems. It gives them a feeling of refreshment and energy to continue their activities.
How Long Can Gatorade Sit Out?
Gatorade’s shelf life will depend on its form of existence. This product set currently exists in 3 forms: powder, bottled water, and chews. In which:
- Powder form: It can survive in the environment for about 2 years in low light and cool temperatures. When bottled, the shelf life can be longer than that. But to ensure the best quality, you should use this powder for about 6 months as water. If you experience any phenomenon in taste and color, you need to stop immediately if you do not want to affect your health.
- Bottled water: It usually comes in bottles with a capacity of about 300 milliliters (how many milliliters is in a shot glass). And has a maximum shelf life of about 3 years from the date of manufacture. Users can keep this drink in the pantry or refrigerator to preserve it. Once the cap is open, you should only use Gatorade for 1 to 3 days.
- Chews: One of the fastest ways to provide your body with energy is to use Gatorade chews. This type of product has an indefinite shelf life, and you can rest assured to use them at any time.
Although Gatorade has a relatively long shelf life in all forms, it can still spoil at any time if you do not store this drink well. So, how can you tell when this beverage has gone wrong? You can refer to some common symptoms below.
Signs of a wrong Gatorade
Change Color change is one of the most apparent signs of breaking when this water turns cloudy or darker. That’s when it’s spoiled. You should not continue to use this water if you do not want it to affect your health.
# Bottom sediment
It s a very water-soluble substance. So, if any time you mix this powder, and it settles to the bottom of the cup, it’s time to stop using it. Because Gatorade has metamorphosed, it no longer works as well as the first one.
# Floating Beads Floating
Particles appear when you open a glass of Gatorade. Then you drink one portion and leave it at room temperature. The growth of bacteria will be the agent that causes moldy particles to appear. At that time, you will also not be able to continue using Gatorade.
# No Odor
In theory, Gatorade soft drinks will have an attractive sweet smell. When it’s spoiled, you can barely smell it or smell it. This difference proves that your drinking water is broken and will not be effective for users. It would help if you did not use it to avoid affecting personal health.
# Sour or Bitter
Even if you feel the taste of Gatorade, you can’t be sure whether your drink is good or not. If you feel a sour or bitter taste, it is a sign that you should not continue to use this drink. The cause may be because Gatorade is affected by temperature and environmental factors.
occurs when mold gets inside your bottle. If you have opened the cap and left this bottle in normal conditions, bacteria can get inside and cause a lump at the bottom of the bottle.
So, how can you best preserve Gatorade?
Tips To Maintain
# With an unopened one
This bottle will have a shelf life of up to 3 years. To ensure maximum shelf life, the following factors should be in mind:
- Prevent high temperatures: Room temperature will be ideal for Gatorade. It would help if you did not leave them at high temperatures because sunlight will affect the water quality.
- Low light is the excellent condition: Low light is the perfect condition for you to ensure the quality of Gatorade. You should keep this type of water in a closet or a place with little light.
- Chill before use: With Gatorade or any water, it tastes better when chilled. So, you can also keep this drink in the refrigerator, and it will make you feel refreshed.
# With Opened Bottles
The best way to open bottles is to keep them in the refrigerator. Because then agents such as bacteria and mold will hardly be able to access the water bottle, it will not be able to affect the quality of the water inside adversely. The recommended time to use an opened bottle of Gatorade is 7 to 10 days.
Gatorade is a delicious electrolyte replacement beverage for users. It is suitable for all users. Gatorade is not a stimulant, and it will not affect health. So, you can use this product set for activities that require good physical fitness: exercise, competition.
Take good care of Gatorade to maximize this kit’s life.