To make an apple pie with an extended layer of filling, entire pieces, and not too juicy, you need a suitable set of recipes and baking methods. The ideal temperature for this cake is around 400 degrees F.
So, how long to bake apple pie at 400 Degrees? The article below will help you answer that question and give tips for a full-flavored apple pie.
How Long to Bake Apple Pie at 400 Degrees?
Bake Apple Pie at 400 Degrees for how long?
Many people think 400 degrees F is too much heat for apple pie. It is only suitable for savory dishes such as grilled beef ribs and grilled chicken wings. However, that’s not the case. Apple pie can also be baked at 400 degrees F. This temperature range is ideal for this cake.
Apple pie baking time at 400 degrees F is 15-20 minutes. Then you lower the temperature to 375 degrees F for 35 minutes before making the cake.
Baking time can vary depending on the type of apple, the size, and the number of cakes you bake. Alternatively, you can still bake this cake at a different temperature. Example:
- The baking temperature of 425 degrees F: 20 minutes
- The temperature of 350 degrees F: 45-60 minutes
- The temperature of 375 degrees F: 35-40 minutes
After baking, you should give the cake some time to cool first when you eat. It is a dish that you can use for any meal.
The cake is quite fragrant with a typical apple flavor. On top of the cake is a layer of caramel cream, making it hard to resist this delicious cake.
Can You Bake Apple Pie At 425 Degrees F?
Yes. You can bake apple pie at this heat. Baking time is about 20 minutes. After this time, you should spend an additional 35 minutes on the apple pie at 350 to 375 degrees F.
This time should only be approximate for you. Therefore, you need to check your cake throughout the baking time.
Maybe with salmon, you don’t need to check often during the cooking process, but with apple pie, it’s different. It can burn the outer shell anytime if you do not adjust the temperature in time.
Recipes & Step By Step Guide
Recipes & Step By Step Guide
To create a perfect apple pie, you can use many different ingredients. One of the foods that are popular with all of you is apple almond cake. To make this cake, you can refer to the set of recipes and steps below:
Set of recipes
To make this cake, you divide the recipe into two parts: filling and crust:
For the filling
- It would help if you had to prepare yourself 5 ½ cups Granny Smith apples or Honeycrisp
- 2 pears
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Lemon juice in about 1 tablespoon
- Melted butter – 1 teaspoon
- A Cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Refined salt – teaspoon
- 1 beaten egg white
For the crust
- Cup almond flour
- teaspoon fine salt
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- cup ice cold water
- cup flour-purpose noodles
- 5 tbsp Cold,
- unsalted butter 3 tbsp Almond Butter
Once you’ve got all the ingredients ready, you can start molding and baking.
Steps to follow
Step 1: You need to remove all the skins and cores of apples and pears
Step 2: Cut them into small slices; you should not cut them too thin or too thick
Step 3: You cook the ingredients on the fire for 6 -8 minutes, including cinnamon, ginger, sugar, cider, salt, and fruit.
Step 4: When they soften, you can turn off the stove, add the whole cornstarch, and stir well.
Step 5: You combine the remaining ingredients to make the filling
Step 6: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 7: Shape your apple pie by rolling the dough into circles about ⅛ inch thick.
Step 8: You should not remove the excess rim on the cake but pour the filling inside. At the same time, you need to add a layer of filling around, which has the shape of a filling.
Step 9: You cut the remaining dough and then roll it thin, continue to cover a layer of cake on top. Next, coat the egg yolks on top of the apple pie.
Step 10: Put the cake on the tray and start baking for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Once the cake has turned golden brown, you can reduce the temperature to below 375 degrees F between 35-40 minutes.
Step 11: Once the cake is made, let your apple pie cool for about 4-5 hours. You can use foil to cover the cake while baking. The goal is to keep the cake from changing color too quickly. It can make your cake black.
Some Of The Most Common Apples
Types of apples used for apple pie can include wide different varieties. It depends on individual preferences. Here are the 11 most used apples for apple pie that you can refer to:
- Jonagold: This apple can keep its texture well in the oven, has a mild sweetness and is suitable for those who do not like the taste of the cake too sweet
- Honeycrisp: This apple is one of the crunchiest; they barely turn after baking.
- Braeburn: This apple is quite lovely and crunchy. It can stick well in your cake.
- Mutsu: These apples are pretty large, it resembles a rather sweet honey flavor, with good stickiness in the cake.
- Jazz: The taste of this apple has a good sweetness, giving your cake a lovely color.
- Pink Lady: This apple is a good balance between sour and sweet. It can help your cake look beautiful and keep its shape when baking.
How To Check Apple Pie Is Ripe Or Not?
You can rely on 1 of 3 signs below:
- External signs: Bubbles appear on the cake when your apple pie is done. Because this cake is made when the juice bubbles through the vent part of the crust.
- Internal Temperature: This is one of the fastest ways to check for you. You can use a thermometer, and the pie is done when it’s around 195 degrees F
- Apple texture: You can poke your apple inside. If you can skewer it quickly, your cake is done.
Tips And Tricks
- Your apple pie will taste better when you know a few tips below:
- Apply the right recipe to help your pie crust ensure good goldenness
- Prepare the filling for about 1 hour and drain. At that time, your apple part will secrete water. You can mix apples with tapioca or corn starch.
- The idea is to check the cake throughout the baking time; baking time will depend on how thick or thin
- If your crust turns golden brown too quickly, you should put an extra layer of foil on top. So, it will help prevent the cake from burning.
- It will help if you let your apple pie cool before slicing. When you cool the cake, the filling inside will thicken; it won’t melt when you cut them.
Hopefully, this article will help you know how long to bake apple pie at 400 degrees. There is currently no specific apple for apple pie. It depends on the eater’s taste and what they will add to the cake.
Whichever apple you choose, you can still use the same set of recipes and effective baking methods. Use foil so your cake can be evenly golden and not blackened during baking.