Chicken thighs are one of the types of meat that can be processed into many different dishes: fried chicken, stewed chicken, and boiled chicken.
Among them, boiled chicken thighs seem to be the easiest to prepare for us. But if you want tender chicken with a natural sweetness, it’s a different story.
At this point, you are not just salting and then putting the chicken in a pot of boiling water.
It is a thorough and meticulous preparation process and accurately calculates the most reasonable time to boil chicken thighs.
The following article will provide you with the best set of recipes and methods for boiling chicken.
Boiled Chicken Thighs Recipe
For boiled chicken thighs, you can use boneless or boneless chicken. However, most of us will choose chicken thighs with bones.
Then the chicken will have a natural sweetness when boiled. The bone broth and marinade flavor will help your chicken become much more flavorful and attractive.
In addition, some users choose frozen chicken for their boiled chicken. You can cook this dish, but it won’t give you an appetite.
Because freezing chicken has somewhat changed the texture of the meat, making them more wasteful. Although the chicken thighs are not affected much, it is still the perfect dish for people to enjoy.
Besides the basic boiled chicken, you can serve them with other dishes: potatoes and salad. This combination will help you have a more exciting and attractive meal. You will not feel bored when only one dish of boiled chicken is on the table. Enjoy this dish in many different ways, and you will feel great about that meal.
To make a boiled chicken thigh dish, above all, you need to prepare yourself with all of the following ingredients:
- Chicken thighs (with bones or without bones)
- Curry powder
- Onions Onions
- Drinking water
- Chicken seasoning
Shredded chicken seasoning is a combination of many different ingredients. It is not common in family kitchen cabinets. Don’t worry when you don’t have shredded chicken seasoning. Because you can ultimately create this flavoring based on the synthesis of ingredients, including:
- Pepper Garlic Seeds
It only takes about 5 minutes for you to mix all this flavoring.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, you can start coughing them into the pot of boiling water. All detailed steps will be introduced below.
How to boil chicken thighs?
To boil the best chicken thighs, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Put chicken thighs in a pot of water. The water is at least 1-2 inches higher than the chicken.
- Step 2: Put all your spices in a pot of water. It includes salt, curry powder, and onions. Onions must be chopped in at least 6 parts to make your broth more flavorful.
- Step 3: Cover the pot for 20 minutes and wait.
- Step 4: Once done, remove the chicken from the water. Never throw away the boiling water. Because you can reuse that kind of water. Remarkably, the sweetness of the chicken and the aroma of the aromas blend.
Also, after removing the chicken from the water, you should enjoy it immediately because that’s when your boiled chicken is the most delicious and tender.
How Long To Boil A Chicken Thigh?
20 minutes is just the average time you boil the chicken. This time can vary depending on whether your chicken is boneless, boned, or frozen. In it,
- With boneless chicken thighs, your boiled dish will take about 10 to 15 minutes. If you shred the chicken, it can take another 5 minutes for the chicken to soften faster. This period applies to pieces of chicken that are not frozen and fresh.
- With boneless chicken thighs: On average, 5 pieces of chicken will boil for about 15 to 20 minutes. It depends on the size of the chicken. Larger pieces can take up to 30 minutes. If you continue to want to bake more, it will take you a few more minutes to check that your chicken is cooked.
- With defrosted chicken: This boiled chicken requires you to defrost it before burning. Because with any piece of meat frozen, it will not be able to cook thoroughly. You will see the raw meat inside when cut. Therefore, defrosting is one of the essential tasks you must perform.
How To Boil In The Microwave?
Many people will think this idea is crazy. Because they believe that the microwave is only suitable for baking and reheating: reheat pizza, rice, or seafood.
However, you can use this appliance to boil chicken thighs. To make it, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Put all the water and ingredients in the microwave
- Step 2: Cook it on high heat for about 15 minutes. If it’s undercooked, add about 5 more minutes of cooking time.
- Step 3: Check the temperature. Make sure it’s at least 75 degrees Celsius / 165 degrees Celsius because this is a safe temperature range for your health.
What Can You Combine Boiled Chicken Thighs With?
Many people do not like to eat only boiled chicken thighs in their meals. So, can boiled chicken thighs be eaten with any other dishes?
Yes. You can eat this dish with potatoes, salad, and fresh vegetables. This combination will help increase your appetite. At the same time, you will not feel sick when eating.
Also, as for the water, don’t pour them. You can use this water for cooking with other dishes. The rich taste of the water will make that dish much more attractive. Try it now to experience this exciting dish!
How to store and freeze boiled chicken?
You can use boiled chicken immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is the ideal time to use the chicken, and it will preserve the flavor and sweetness of the chicken pieces.
You can store the boiled chicken for up to 3 months. However, the softness and flavor of the cooked chicken pieces will no longer be delicious. Chicken pieces will be solid. Some people will not like this frozen dish.
Also, for the chicken broth, could you not throw it away? This water can be used for many other dishes. The taste of the water is quite sweet and bold, and it is the juice of boiled chicken thighs.
To cook the best-boiled chicken thighs, here are a few pro tips:
- It would help if you cleaned all the utensils used to clean and cut raw chicken. It will help the chicken pieces not appear unpleasant smell.
- You should cut chicken pieces of the same size,
- Let the water cover the chicken so that the parts cook evenly. The smaller the chicken, the faster it will cook. If your chicken is hard, you should adjust the time accordingly.
- Place the chicken in a single layer so that they cook evenly. You can then use the boiling water for cooking rice and other dishes. They will undoubtedly be great.
- After turning off the heat, leave the chicken in the pot of water for about 5 minutes. It will make your boiled chicken thighs more flavorful.
- You must know the taste of the chicken broth. It is to adjust the flavor for the best piece of chicken.
- You can add carrots and other vegetables to the chicken broth, which will be great.
- If it’s shredded chicken, leave it out for about 10 minutes after boiling, then chop them. It will keep the chicken from falling apart.
Hopefully, through this article, you can successfully cook boiled chicken thighs for yourself. This dish is not complicated if you know how to cook and prepare enough ingredients. It does not require you to have too much experience in the cooking job. Also, use fresh chicken for your boiled chicken thighs. Your meat will be tender and naturally sweet at that time, suitable for eating with other dishes.