Ding-dong – here comes the pizza – our anniversary party favors.
However, as our friends are still on the way, we should keep our pizza warm until they arrive.
But how to keep pizza warm in the oven?
To keep the pizza warm in the oven, you have 3 ways. Keep the pizza in a cardboard box, wrap each slice in aluminum foil, or put it in a pizza stone. Just heat it in the oven before you serve it. However, the temperature may vary depending on the method. Avoid under or overheating your pizza.
Are you interested in learning more? Read the entire article.
How To Keep Pizza Warm In Oven? 3 Proven Ways
Keeping pizza is crucial if you throw a party and your guests are nowhere near. However, you can do it in 3 convenient ways. These methods not only make the warm pizza the star of the show but also make you the star of keeping the pizza warm.
So here are the 3 super simple ways to enjoy warm pizza.
1. Cardboard Box
Cardboard box? Yes, you hear me right- the box in which your pizza comes to you.
Well, you can warm your pizza in a cardboard box. Your pizza will stay warm for at least 30 minutes if you leave the box in the oven.
The Process To Follow
- Preheat your oven between 170 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Approximately 140°F or 150°F should be the temperature of the oven when the cardboard box is placed.
- Cover the box completely after placing the pizza inside to prevent steam buildup.
Remember, warming your pizza in a cardboard box in high heat might not be a good idea because it could lead to adding chemicals to your food. If you have no choice, you must warm your pizza to the lowest temperature.
Besides, if you set the temperature to the highest, cardboard may catch fire.
2. Pizza Stone
Materials like pizza stones are good at absorbing heat and holding it for a long time. Thus warming your pizza on a pizza stone will keep it warm for 2 to 3 hours in the oven.
Process To Follow
- Place the pizza stone in the oven and preheat it to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm your pizza to 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes
- Turn off the oven, and leave it for 2 to 3 hours to stay warm.
However, if you leave your pizza stone in the oven for a long time, the trapped oils will produce an unpleasant flavor. Consequently, you should always keep the pizza stones clean.
3. Aluminum Foil
Aluminum foil can make heat transfer easier and simpler. Furthermore, using aluminum foil in the oven will keep your pizza warm for at least 3 hours.
Process To Follow
- Preheat your oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Enclose your pizza slices in aluminum foil completely.
- After preheating, place your pizza slices in the oven and warm them for 10 minutes.
However, to prevent the pizza from steaming, you must completely enclose the pizza slices in aluminum foil.
Precaution While Keeping Pizza Warm In The Oven
Here are some tips to keep your party pizza warm and tasty.
- Set the perfect temperature and the time to warm your pizza.
- If you don’t have a pizza stone, warming your pizza with aluminum foil instead of a cardboard box is best.
- If you have another option without using a cardboard box, you should warm your pizza to the lowest temperature. After your pizza has warmed up, wait to put it in a cardboard box for a long time, as it could lose its delicious sauce flavor.
- Make sure that your pizza stone is clean before you use it to warm your pizza. Well, you can easily clean your pizza stone using baking soda.
- Cover or wrap your pizza slices completely to avoid steaming.
- Always keep your eyes to avoid burning your pizza.
How Long Do You Keep Your Pizza Warm?
You can keep your pizza slices warm for around 2 hours by wrapping them in aluminum foil.
Keep in mind that keeping your pizza at room temperature for longer than 2 hours will expose the slices to dangerous bacteria. A spoiled pizza can indeed make you ill and suffer.
It is, therefore, not advisable to consume pizza that has lost its heat.
2 Ways to Reheat Your Pizza Without An Oven?
If you don’t have an oven, you might wonder how to reheat your cold pizza without it.
Don’t worry. There are several steps to warming your pizza without an oven. Let’s check them out.
Well, because it usually only takes 30 to 40 seconds, reheating pizza in the microwave is quicker and easier. Here are the steps to follow:
- Put the pizza slices in a microwave-proof dish and keep space between them.
- To keep the pizza moist, keep a mug of water nearby.
- Turn the power on for 30 to 40 seconds at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Nonstick pan
You might worry about how to reheat your pizza even if you don’t have a microwave. A nonstick pan, however, is a great option for reheating pizza. Moreover, it is best to reheat pizza on a nonstick pan to avoid contamination.
Want to know the steps?
- Cook your pizza for two to three minutes on medium-low heat in a nonstick skillet.
- First, keep your stove to medium heat.
- Add a few drops of water to the pan once the bottom is crisp.
- Cover with a lid and keep the heat medium to low to avoid burning.
Why Do You High Heat For Pizza?
You might feel quite uneasy after eating a pizza that wasn’t cooked to the proper temperature. It would be anything but crispy and juicy.
Besides, the pizza crust is naturally raw, which may contain several harmful bacteria. Therefore, to kill these bacteria, you should cook pizza at high temperatures.
However, different pizzas require different temperatures ranging from 375-550 degrees Fahrenheit. But for warming pizza, it’s always 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
So, when making your pizza, make sure you cook it at a proper temperature.
Negative Effects of not Keeping Your Pizza Warm
Wrapping the slices of pizza in aluminum foil or storing them in a box will help keep your pizza warm. Alternatively, you can reheat your pizza in the oven, microwave, or even on a nonstick pan if your pizza cools off.
What happens if you don’t keep your pizza warm, though?
Well, if your pizza is kept for longer than two hours, several bacteria and germs will develop on it, causing you to feel unwell after eating it. If you have a weak immune system, you are more likely to experience food poisoning symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, cramps, and an upset stomach.
Therefore, to avoid a bad experience and maintain health, you should eat warm pizza.
- What is a safe temperature to warm pizza in the oven?
Well, it depends on the method you use to reheat your pizza. You should keep the pizza warm to 200°. But for aluminum foil, use a temperature range of 350°F to 400°F to reheat the pizza. Not to mention, if you choose cardboard, you should use a temperature range of 170 to 200 degrees.
- At what temperature can you put a pizza box in the oven?
If you want to warm your pizza in a pizza box, you should be careful with the temperature, as a high temperature may result in burning. However, 170°F is usually safe to warm or reheat your pizza in a box.
- How long can you keep pizza warm?
By wrapping it in aluminum foil and storing it in a box, you can keep your pizza warm for about two hours. But keep in mind that after two hours, it might start to get cold after two hours, which can become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
Are you thinking about how to keep pizza warm in the oven? After all, who likes cold pizza?!
Well, you can easily keep your pizza in the oven by using 3 items – the pizza box, pizza stone, or aluminum foil. However, make sure you are using low temperatures to keep it warm.
Furthermore, if you don’t have an oven, you have other options for warming your pizza, such as a microwave or nonstick pan.
So, use the methods; keep the pizza warm and the party happening.