Fried rice is a dish loved by many people because it is easy to eat and convenient. Whether at home or a restaurant, fried rice is always the first choice. You can make fried rice in many styles from different countries.
However, how to reheat fried rice?
Received a lot of attention about the above; our article below will suggest ways to reheat fried rice, including stovetop, microwave, air fryer, and oven.
If you are a fan of this simple but equally attractive dish, then today’s article is definitely for you.
Reheating Fried Rice On The Stovetop
How long Fried Rice On The Stovetop
Reheating rice on the stovetop usually takes 10 minutes. Therefore, in emergencies, users should prepare to heat it up about 30 minutes in advance to be on time for their work.
A small tip for you is to use oil instead of water. The reason is that the water causes the rice to become mushy and stick to the pan, which makes it uncomfortable to wash and clean.
How To Reheating Fried Rice On The Stovetop
Using a stovetop is the right choice for those with a lot of time. Here’s how to reheat rice for the best flavor from all the recommended recipes.
Therefore, when your time is comprehensive, you should prioritize this method.
What’s more remarkable is that the stovetop is available in every home, so it’s easy for you to practice
- Put the pan on the stove. Depending on the amount of rice or less, choose different pan sizes. A large pan is more convenient when sautéing, so you might as well consider it.
- Add oil to the pan. However, only to fit the amount of rice. Putting too much it easy to get bored, and too little rice will stick to the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the rice and mix well.
- Continue to stir-fry the rice for at least 10 minutes on medium heat.
- It can be eaten in a bowl or pan, depending on personal preference.
Reheating Fried Rice In The Microwave
How long to reheat fried rice in the microwave
Microwave can be said to be the fastest way to reheat among the methods we recommend to you. Users only need 5 minutes to complete a simple fried rice warming meal. However, you need to add a little water before heating to reduce the hardness of the rice.
How to Reheat Fried Rice In The Microwave
If you are busy and have little time, the microwave is the most effective heating method. But make sure you adjust the time accordingly, so the rice doesn’t get dry and hard.
A little trick few people know is to pour about 2 tablespoons of water before heating to keep the original condition. The added moisture can be purified water or chicken broth, and boiling vegetables helps to increase the dish’s flavor. The reheating process includes the following steps.
- Place the portion of rice to be reheated in a bowl of the appropriate size. Then you will pour about two tablespoons of water over the rice.
- Cover the lid slightly open so that air can escape.
- Turn the microwave to the highest setting, and let it run for 2 minutes.
- Next, put on gloves and stir the rice well. Put the bowl in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Depending on the condition of your food, flexibly adjust the time.
- Take the bowl out.
Reheating Fried Rice In The Air Fryer
How long to reheat fried rice in the air fryer
The time to cook rice with the air fryer is the same as on the stovetop, about 10 minutes.
However, in the air fryer more convenient that you do not need to add any liquid during the heating process. This option is suitable for those who rarely use oil for dishes.
How to Reheating Fried Rice In The Air Fryer
With Air Fryer’s method, you do not need to add any liquid but still ensure the same deliciousness as the original fried rice. The steps are the same.
- Put the rice to be reheated in the air fryer
- Leave on high heat for 8-10 minutes. The time depends entirely on the number of comes your fan, so this is just an average number.
- You can adjust and see if the rice is as desired or not, then turn it off.
- The last step, but most people forget, is to let the rice cool for a few minutes before eating.
Reheating Fried Rice In The Oven
How Long Fried Rice In The Oven
Reheating in an oven makes fried rice more delicious than other methods. But not many people use the range because it takes 15-20 minutes to warm up. Therefore, this is not a smart choice for those of you who are busy or do not have much time.
How To Reheat Fried Rice In The Oven
Heating seafood such as crawfish in the oven will have many advantages.
However, fried rice is not too suitable for this device because of its time-consuming process.
Of course, in some specific cases, you may need to use this workaround temporarily.
- Preheat the oven to 425-450°F before reheating
- Put the fried rice in the oven.
- Add a little water to the rice to keep it moist. But do not leave too much or it will be pasty and cause boredom when eating.
- Cover the bowl to prevent moisture from escaping.
- Reheat for about 15 minutes, then take it out.
- After heating for the first time, take it out and put the rice in for the second time for 3-5 minutes. The meaning of this step is to help the steam escape from the rice, not be mushy.
- Wait for the rice to cool for a few minutes, then it’s ready to use.
How to Reheat Fried Rice [Chart]
|Stovetop||10 minutes||Fry in oil the flavor of the dish remains intact. In water, it will stick and soften.|
|Microwave||5 minutes||Needs more water to prevent the rice from drying out|
|Air Fryer||8-10 minutes||Rice with flavor intact|
|Oven||15-20 minutes at 425°F||Moisture level for rice before reheating, to prevent the rice from drying out.|
Tips & Tricks About Reheating Fried Rice
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before heating, reheating, or another dish.
- Store food properly
- Choose rice varieties with a long shelf life.
- Do not reheat rice too many times with other words such as ground bison.
- Avoid leaving fried rice at room temperature for more than 2 hours because bacteria easily cling to food.
- When reheating, open the plate to let the steam out. In the last step, the rice does not stick together.
- Add a little oil to the rice before heating to help the rice improve its dryness and hardness.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does cooking rice last?
In contrast to dry rice, the shelf life of cooked rice is mostly the same. After processing, the rice will keep its original flavor for about 3-4 days.
Mistakes users often make when assuming that cooked rice has a shelf life of a whole week.
However, the rice will be easily invaded by bacteria at that time. But if you want the rice to last longer, you should keep it in the freezer for up to 8 months.
Can you reheat the rice twice?
You can reheat the rice twice once you have stored it well. Before reheating rice, users should add 2 tablespoons of water to the part to be reheated with the procedure we have instructed above.
How long does rice last?
Rice can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days if stored in the correct container.
However, when there is a lot of food such as vegetables, meat, and fish accompanying it, it is not so long.
It would help if you kept it in the freezer as it will keep for about 3-4 months.
Can you freeze fried rice?
With a large amount of leftover rice, freezing rice is very suitable.
You divide each portion into a freezer bag and squeeze the air in the bag before putting it in. This step helps the rice retain its original freshness and not be mushy.
To defrost rice, you must put it in the refrigerator overnight or use the microwave. Freeze rice can be maintained for a long time, so users prefer to choose this option.
Is it safe to reheat rice?
If the rice still has a shelf life and is stored correctly, it is safe to reheat it. However, it needs to be heated thoroughly, so bacteria do not stick to the food. It is better to reheat 4 days before last use.
Above is my five ways how to reheat fried rice.
So you can choose one of the above methods to apply to you.
Hopefully, the knowledge of the article helps you have an overview of rice in general and fried rice in particular.
If you have any questions, please leave your information. We are always here to support you wholeheartedly.
Thank you for reading!