After a huge party or a quality me-time, you sure do have some pizza hut pizzas left at home. Sadly, it loses some taste and texture after refrigerating them. But you can retrieve them by heating the slices properly.
So, the main concern here is how to reheat pizza hut pizza?
There are a few ways that are considered effective to reheat leftover pizzas. You can easily reheat your leftover pizzas on a skillet, oven, toaster oven, microwave, or an air fryer.
This piece also covers:
- How to reheat pizza hut stuffed crust pizza
- How long is it okay to store pizza hut pizza
- How do you reheat pizza without drying it out
- Can you put a pizza hut pizza box in the oven
To learn more about all these, let’s set aside all the jibber-jabber and dive into the article at once.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza?
We bet you already know that reheating pizza slices can be tricky. Because if you can’t perfectly reheat your pizza, you might lose the precious taste and texture that you love the most about your pizza.
So, you need to know the proper ways of reheating your pizza hut pizza. Let’s discuss some of the ways of reheating your leftover pizza hut pizzas below:
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza on a Skillet
Reheating leftover pizza on a skillet is considered the best way of all. Because when you use your skillet to reheat your leftover pizza, it comes off with a perfect crispy bottom, moist dough, and melty cheese.
The hot skillet helps crisp the bottom crust of your pizza, and the steam melts the cheese down and softens the dough nicely.
Now let’s see how to reheat pizza on a skillet:
- To start, place your nonstick skillet on the stove and preheat it to medium or medium-low heat.
- Now, arrange your pizza slices in a manner in the skillet so that there is room left in between the pieces.
- Then cook the pizza slices for 2 minutes or until the bottom crust of the slices is crispy.
- Now, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of water around the pan. Make sure not to sprinkle the water on the pizza. If the pizza has been sitting around for a while, use 3 tablespoons of water.
- Finally, cover the skillet with a lid for a minute. It will let the steam melt the cheese and moisten the pizza dough to bring back the taste and texture.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza in an Oven
Using an oven for reheating your pizza is a good option if you need to reheat a full-size pizza, not just one or a few slices. But if that’s all you got for your last few pieces of leftover pizza, it will work too.
Now let’s see how can you reheat pizza in an oven:
- Initially, place a sheet pan inside your oven on the middle rack.
- The next step is to preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Now, you can place your leftover pizza slices into the oven in two ways. You can put them either in a hot sheet pan or simply place them on the oven wire rack.
- If you are reheating more than one slice, leave space between the pieces so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the other pieces.
- Now, wait for five to seven minutes for the pizza slices to reheat or until perfectly warm and crispy.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza in a Toaster Oven
A toaster oven is even a better option than an oven when you got a few slices of pizza to reheat. It takes less time and burns less energy. But when you are using a toaster oven, make sure you put your pizza out from the fridge to thaw at first.
Now let’s see how to reheat pizza in a toaster oven:
- In the beginning, set your toaster oven’s temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, just like a convection oven.
- Now put your pizza slices in an oven-safe dish, maintaining some distance between them, and place them inside the oven.
- Keep them in the oven for ten minutes or more depending on how much time the slices are taking to reheat.
- Now serve the pizza slices hot from the oven.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza in a Microwave
A microwave is a brilliant option to reheat your leftover pizza slices if you try to soften the crust quickly. The trick is to leave a cup of water alongside your pizza slices, which will do the work.
Now let’s see how can you reheat pizza in a microwave:
- First, take a pizza slice and put it in a microwave-safe dish.
- Now place a cup of water in the microwave. It’s a technique for keeping the crust moist.
- Heat the slices for one to two minutes in thirty-second gaps until the slices are appropriately warmed.
- Eat the pizza slices immediately straight hot from the oven. Otherwise, the slices will cool down and dry out quickly.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza in an Air Fryer
Reheating your stale pizza in an air fryer isn’t a wise option. Because it dries out your leftover pizza. So, try to avoid this method if you can.
Now let’s see the instructions for reheating pizza in an air fryer:
- Firstly, select a temperature of 350°F or 180°C on your air fryer.
- Now put a pizza slice in your fryer and then wait for three to four minutes to reheat.
- If you are reheating a thick crust pizza, decrease the temperature to 325°F so it warms the slice adequately without charring the cheese.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza?
Reheating pizza hut stuffed crust pizza isn’t any different from reheating other normal pizzas. You can use the same methods stated above to reheat your favorite stuffed crust pizza.
You can just place an oven-safe plate in the microwave and slice the stuffed crust pizza for approximately two minutes.
It’s also okay to cook it in the oven, but it’ll take around 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can extend the cooking time from 3 to 4 minutes for reheating stuffed crust pizza if you feel the need.
But when it comes to stuffed crust, the best way is to use the microwave method.
How Long is It Okay to Store Pizza Hut Pizza?
You can store leftover pizza in the fridge for up to four days without any headache. However, the risk of salmonella bacteria growing after that increases. But if you are thinking of storing it in your freezer, then the pizza can last up to three to four months.
But there are actually three factors that enhance the process of deterioration of your leftover pizza. They are:
- Temperature or humidity
- and exposure to oxygen
That means you need to store your leftover pizza hut pizza at room temperature for a prolonged period of time for the sake of its flour-based crust and make sure you keep it in an airtight box so that your pizza doesn’t get ruined from exposure to too much oxygen.
Unlike bread, pizza dough doesn’t contain any yeast; it doesn’t spoil faster.
How Do You Reheat Pizza Without Drying It Out?
When trying to reheat any kind of food, there is a meek chance of the food getting dried out. And pizza is no different than that. But there are some tricks you can follow so that your leftover pizza doesn’t dry out while reheating them.
The most effective way to safely reheat your pizza hut without drying out is to place it in a microwave-safe container with enough space to breathe. And it will work the best if you are using a well-greased metal bowl or pie plate. Because in that way, the plate will provide heat throughout the food, and it will help keep the moisture.
And if you are heating a whole pizza, it will be easier to cut on the plate after warming up in the oven.
Can You Put Pizza Hut Box in Oven?
Nope, it will not be safe at all. You might want to put your whole pizza box in the oven because it fits inside perfectly. But should you, though? Absolutely not.
A pizza box can tolerate up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit without setting itself on fire. But you might be thinking; you are only setting your oven to 350 degrees; it’s not going to hurt you.
It is not safe to do so because even though it is a matter of a few minutes, this small amount of time is enough to end your life. And if you set the oven temperature to more than 400 degrees, you will need the immediate assistance of the firefighters because you can not put out that fire with even an extinguisher.
Then again, a pizza box contains some anti-grease layer so that it doesn’t stick to the hand you carry it. But when you put the box in the oven, the chemicals found in that layer get mixed up with your pizza and increase the possibility of health hazards.
- Can I use foil instead of the baking sheet to heat my pizza in the oven?
No, putting foil in the oven is not safe at all. You can use oven-safe dishes instead of baking sheets.
- Can I reheat the stuffed crust pizza on the skillet?
You sure can. But it’s better to go for the microwave in this case.
- Can I just sprinkle water on the pizza to heat it in the microwave?
It will work better if you just put a cup of water there.
- How do I store leftover pizza hut pizza?
Stack up all your leftover pizza slices, alternating pizza and paper. Then wrap the whole stack tightly into a plastic wrap and keep it in your fridge.
Pizzas are always the fun of a party. However, too many leftover pizzas are not something you want, as you have to deal with them later – heat and eat. However, how to reheat pizza hut pizza?
Several options are available. You can reheat your Pizza Hut pizzas in a skillet, microwave, air fryer, toaster, etc. All these methods are easy, and you will not lose the taste and texture of your yummy pizza.
Therefore, chill with your pizzas – whether cheesy bites, golden surprise, thin-crust, or thick, reheat and enjoy any day as if you ordered just from the restaurant.