Hey! Are you thinking of reheating your frozen pizza in the oven?
What are you holding out for, then?
Let me guess.
Is reheating pizza in the oven from frozen possible?
You can reheat frozen pizza in the oven without issue if you thaw it first. Then warm the pizza at 375-400℉. But separating the pizza base and topping can sometimes make pizza reheating messy. Aside from that, it might result in a rubbery cheese topping and a hard crust, making the pizza unpleasant.
Oh! Please don’t worry. I’ve made an effort to include all the information you need to reheat your frozen pizza in this article properly.
So, just keep reading.
Is It Ok To Reheat Frozen Pizza In The Oven?
Reheating pizza in the oven is completely safe. However, using a cardboard box to reheat frozen pizza increases the risk of adding chemicals to the food because cardboard boxes expose chemicals to high heat.
Therefore, using a baking sheet or aluminum foil to reheat your frozen pizza makes sense.
However, if you reheat your frozen pizza at the proper temperature for the designated amount of time, sometimes the topping will be messy or rubbery, or the crust will become hard or burn. Furthermore, if you don’t reheat your pizza properly, it may cause food poisoning.
So, whenever you reheat your pizza, ensure it’s at the right temperature.
Last but not least, repeatedly avoid reheating frozen pizza, as it can result in it being soggy and flavorless.
What Is The Best Temperature To Reheat Pizza In The Oven?
The suitable temperature to reheat frozen pizza is about 270-375 degrees Ferenhite. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the pizza.
You can use a pizza sheet for baking the pizza. Or else, put a slice on a piece of foil and put it directly on the rack to bake.
Besides, cover the pizza with foil to keep your pizza moist, with cheese and toppings intact and untouched on the crust. Otherwise, you will end up with a messy pizza with a dry crust.
How Long To Reheat Frozen Pizza In Oven?
It may take 15 to 25 minutes to reheat the frozen pizza in the oven. First, preheat the oven and then place the pizza on a sheet covered with a lid or foil.
Remember, before reheating the frozen pizza, always thaw it thoroughly to room temperature.
3 Effective Ways To Reheat Frozen Pizza In The Oven
Reheating a frozen pizza in an oven is not climbing Everest. If you know the process, you can do it within a blink.
1. Reheating Frozen Pizza In The Oven
Let’s get started with an oven.
- Thaw it at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours; otherwise, it can make your frozen pizza sticky.
- Remove the frozen pizza’s packaging.
- If you want, you can add more toppings during this process.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After preheating, reheat the pizza slice for 25 to 30 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven.
2. Reheating Frozen Pizza In The Convection Oven
Convection ovens cook food more quickly than conventional ovens by circulating air throughout the cavity to reduce hot and cool spots. So, let’s discuss the procedures for reheating frozen pizza in a convection oven.
- Don’t forget to thaw your pizza at room temperature.
- Set your convection oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit to preheat.
- Place your pizza slices on a baking sheet or pizza pan in the middle rack of the oven.
- Slices should be reheated for around 15 minutes, depending on preference, or until the crust is crispy with a bubbling, doughy center.
3. Reheating Frozen Pizza In The Wood-Fired Oven
If you have access to a wood-fired oven, you should use it to reheat your frozen pizza because it will cook faster and have a crispier crust. In light of this, let’s talk about reheating pizza in a wood-fired oven.
- Wrap your frozen pizza with aluminum foil.
- In the wood-fired oven, set to 800 degrees Fahrenheit to preheat
- After preheating, place the slices with a baking sheet in the wood-fired oven.
- Within a minute or two, you will get a hot pizza.
2 Alternative Ways To Reheat Frozen Pizza Without Oven
You might wonder how to reheat frozen pizza without an oven if your oven is not working. Here are 2 methods for reheating frozen pizza that doesn’t involve an oven.
1. With microwave
Follow the steps below to microwave-reheat your frozen pizza.
- Place a glass of water inside to keep your pizza moist in the microwave.
- Use 50% power for 60 seconds to defrost the frozen pizza in the microwave.
- Remove it after reheating and let it rest for a few minutes.
2. With stove
Follow these instructions to reheat your frozen pizza on a stove.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet at medium to high heat.
- Place your thawed pizza, and cover it completely to ignore the steaming on the pizza.
- Cook for 4 minutes on medium to low heat.
Can You Use A Toaster Oven To Reheat Your Frozen Pizza?
Using a toaster to reheat frozen pizza will make the toppings crispy and the crust flavorful, like in authentic Italian pizzerias. Let’s look at the procedures for reheating pizza in a toaster oven.
- Preheat your toaster to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After preheating, place your pizza slice.
- Reheat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Can You Reheat Leftover Frozen Pizza In The Oven?
Of course, you can reheat your leftover frozen pizza in the oven. Reheat your frozen pizza to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
However, reheating leftover pizza may result in it becoming soggy and untidy.
Finally, avoid eating leftover pizza sitting out for more than two hours, as it has started growing harmful bacteria such as E. coli.
- Can you reheat your frozen pizza in a convection oven?
Yes, you can use a convection oven to reheat frozen pizza rather than a regular one. Additionally, compared to traditional methods, it can reheat your frozen pizza more quickly.
- How long should you reheat the frozen pizza in an oven?
You should give your frozen pizza about 25 to 30 minutes to reheat if you use a conventional oven. However, the time required to reheat your pizza will be reduced if you select a convection or wood-fired oven. In particular, you should reheat your pizza for 15 minutes in a convection oven and 1 to 2 minutes in a wood-fired oven.
Is reheating pizza in the oven from frozen possible?
You can. Just use the right temperature and thaw your frozen pizza first.
Finally, frozen pizza contains high fat, carbs, and sodium, so if you want to stay fit and reduce health risks, don’t eat it. You can instead make frozen pizza at home with healthy ingredients, which will satisfy your appetite and improve your health.